Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas Decorations at My House

It's New Year's Eve, there's a huge pot of gumbo on the stove that my husband made this morning and we're watching LSU in their bowl game.  For the moment, all is right with the world.  I know many of my friends are taking down their decorations today or tomorrow, but I prefer to keep mine up until the Epiphany.  Here's what it looks like around here...and if you see splatters of paint in some of these pictures,  I'll eventually get around to cleaning it up!  Just enjoying being lazy after all of the craziness!

Our Advent wreath...


 In the kitchen...the English cupboard with way too many things on it, but I don't care!


My cherished miniature manger scenes...


and treasured Christmas cards


hung on all the doorways in the kitchen.


My Dad's sweet cherubs statue adorned with wreaths
and my waiter with mini vintage glass ornmanent...


How I love my parent's glass ornament collection piled high in a bowl in the dining room/studio
...it looks like candy!


and this groovy collection of 60's Christmas tchotchkes that I marvel at when working!  


Sweet vignettes in the foyer...


that celebrate the reason for the season...


 and our St. Nicholas collection.


Our tree is new this year!  After 11 years and a whole section of lights not working, I decided it was time.  How technology has changed for the better...self fluffing, in stand connectors with white or colored lights!  I love my husband's grandmother's handmade felt ornaments,  gold crowns, fleur de lis, silver crosses,


and a few Jesus, Mary and Joseph ornaments to keep the tree focused on the season!


I think that LSU football man falls in that category!!


My boy's elementary school principal, Sharon Blentlinger at Immaculate Conception School, gave the kids a religious ornament every year for Christmas and signed every one.  What a treasure!


Crosses and crowns...


and our manger scene is front and center on the mantle.


 I put this little vignette up right next to the tv so I know that it will be seen!


These Santa candles in the powder room are more that 25 years old...
can't believe they are still around!


This is how I feel when I have to take it all down...

 Happy New Year to you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment