Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hardscrabble Country Club Golf Pro Shop

I just found my old calendar from last year and decided to flip through it one more time before I tossed it. Well, low and behold…today happens to be my one year anniversary of finishing the Golf Pro Shop renovation at our club. 

I never posted pictures of that job and figured I needed to do so…thanks to you, Jeremy Moe, PGA Golf Pro at HCC for helping me out with your pictures.  They are certainly better than the ones I took!  The shop looks great!

Before, during and after shots.  Very dated hunter green and burgundy with worn out carpeting!  We tore out the old carpet, repainted everything including the office and bathrooms to freshen the place up.  The bathrooms received new fixtures and tile floors. 

 kids 553 2009_0224summer080152

The burgundy Formica wrapped desk used to be on the back wall of the shop…we moved it to the front for better member accessibility and service.   The desk was beautifully refinished and we had the counter top re-Formicaed with faux granite.  Looks much richer, don’t you think? 

clubs 057kids 551kids 552

From the back of the shop looking out the front door.  Can’t get enough of the green…the chair rail border in the office was a bear to remove.  I had the best luck in finding the new furniture.  Hold on to your golf caps…the black console table below and the two black stacking tables in the photo beneath that were purchased on clearance at Target last February for a bargain!   The “stacking tables” are actually a kitchen table and a bench seat.  So far, it has held up well!

clubs 074

Our country club has a wonderful history and Jeremy and I rummaged through the attic for old photos, maps and ads and framed them to add more character than the traditional golf art.  We also raided the men’s locker room for old trophies and displayed them.

clubs 056 

Here’s what I love about Jeremy Moe…a serious athlete, husband, dad, friend…and a very good knack for arranging and displaying in his shop!  He’ll say he’s had help from professionals out there, but I know he has seen many a golf shop and PGA shows to figure out how to make your merchandise look smart.

kids 550clubs 059 clubs 060  clubs 058

No comments:

Post a Comment