Monday, December 15, 2014

Finally Finished with My Own St. Nick!

I have a collection of Santas that I keep on display during the Christmas season at my front door and needed a Christmas themed piece of art to hang over it.  I thought about it for years and toyed with either painting a canvas or a banner.  I decided on a banner because it's easier to store, so I started painting this banner two years ago and got as far as the red checkered boarder with green trim.  Last year I painted a Santa on that I wasn't thrilled about, so again, it sat in my craft armoire for another 11 months. 
 

After teaching my Craft Night for Moms and painting traditional Santas, I decided that I wanted him on this banner, so I painted over the original one and finally finished! 


Yippee for me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment