Saturday, October 23, 2010

Love Me A Gloomy Saturday!

Dec20090043

Here’s the scene at our house today…my husband stayed home from the golf course this morning and started whipping up a pot of shrimp etouffee early.  I could smell the vegetables sautéing across the house before I could smell the coffee. When I walk into the den, I notice that all of a sudden, there are lot of leaves on the ground! Could it be it might possibly start feeling like fall around here?  I’m sick of this Indian summer weather! 

Dec20090025  My youngest has his buddy over and they have been in and out of the house all day.  Hiking, playing Lego’s, playing X-Box and eating has kept them very busy.  The dog loves it when they are inside to keep him company.  Time for a little Wii action ‘cause it looks like it’s going to start raining any minute.  Dec20090031

Here’s what’s in the Dutch oven…etouffee simmering to perfection, with a big bowl of Gueydan, LA popcorn rice ready to soak up all the good juices…and some garlic bread on the side in case it doesn’t.

It’s going to be a great football game day and the house smells even better since I baked a fresh apple cake. Talk about sticky, moist and delicious!

Dec20090027

Arkansas is playing Ole Miss with too many weather time delays…the game is already into it’s 5th hour!  That must mean the rain will start here soon…it’s getting darker and darker outside. 

Dec20090041

LSU is playing Auburn, and it’s looking questionable. The rain has started outside and I couldn’t resist to light my girly smelly candles to add to my happiness.  My boys would usually say something like, “Mom!  Football by candlelight?  Really?”  But today, it just seems right. 

Dec20090047

My oldest goes for his second piece of apple cake and it starts to thunder and lightening!  It’s so cozy in here and I am sure someone is going to be in a horizontal position very soon.

Dec20090037

The game is tied 10-10 at the end of the first half, so I guess that means Daddy’s going to get another little bowl of goodness.  As predicted, my oldest is now asleep in the chair with a full tummy.    I’m just sitting back taking in the sights and sounds of this glorious, gloomy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment