Sunday, October 9, 2011

Making My Mark on Ugly Pumpkins

I forgot to take a “before” shot, but you know what I’m talking about…the ugly paint job on metal yard and door signs you see at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, where ever!  This is about what my yard stakes looked like before I started.Metal_PumpkinI spray painted a base coat of tomato red on both pumpkins…I know they look dark, but will fade in the autumn sun to the right color.  Then I mixed up acrylic paints in different shades of orange and got to work on the bodies.  IMG_4276

Then I repainted the leaves a pear green and topped that off with a lime green.  For the veins on the leaves and pumpkin stem, I mixed a little of my orange blend with the green color palette and went for it.

IMG_4279

Now they look more like…me!  Happy Fall, y’all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment