Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fabulous French Finds!

My friend found this wonderfully made French dresser and asked me to paint it to compliment another French styled chest she had purchased.  How does she get so lucky to find these wonderful pieces?!! 

She pointed out the furniture maker…Garrison Furniture from right here in Fort Smith, AR.  I was told that at one time, Fort Smith was the furniture production capital in the 40’s-late 60’s.  The chest is heavy and well crafted with dove-tail joints and wood sliders.  IMG_6666

I forgot to take a before photo, but you can tell from the cabinet that it was a lighter finish in the honey maple family.  On with the black paint for an under coat! 

IMG_6652  Then the white and finally, careful sanding to reveal the black paint below on the edges, corner and detail areas.  Chalk paint, sand paper and wax took their toll on my manicure!

IMG_6667 Now all my friend has to do is convince her husband and son to haul it to the second floor!   And if you ever get tired of that chest, I know someone who would love to take it off your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment