Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mirrors, Mirrors on the Walls…Which One’s the Coolest of them All?

IMG_1362IMG_1354IMG_1353

What a fun project!  Three sisters, three adorable bedrooms, three different personalities to decoupage onto the mirrors!  My friend Kade is a wonderful decorator  and sent me a picture of a mirror she bought for her girls several years ago…do you think you can do this for my client’s girls?  You bet!  I don’t get to do girly things very often, so it is always fun.  I used scraps of fabrics used in their rooms, patterned paper, Mod Podge,  glue guns and lots and lots of little bits and pieces.  Yes, this takes a whole lot of time and my fingers were pretty scorched from little burns when I finished, but so worth it!

IMG_1276

I cut out fabrics and arranged them…

IMG_1275IMG_1277IMG_1279IMG_1278

watered down Mod Podge a little and got started painting and pressing them into place.

IMG_1282

Then I start building little forms from baubles, rhinestones, buttons, etc. to go along with the themes…sounds simple but takes hours!

IMG_1363IMG_1364IMG_1366

Above is Catherine’s chocolate and brown theme…

and below is Elizabeth’s purple, orange and pink.

IMG_1355IMG_1358IMG_1359

And a mirror perfect for Mary Vivian’s pink and green room!

IMG_1349 

IMG_1351

2 comments:

  1. Very creative, I also ♥ her argyle wall! Is that wall paper or painted?

    ReplyDelete