Monday, April 25, 2011

Repainted for the Patio

It’s warming up outside, so we have been spending time outside sprucing up the deck, digging in the flower beds, etc.  Everything seems to look so brown out on the deck until the leaves are fully green and the flowers are popping out in their pink frenzy.  So, I need some more color out there.  My sister-in-law gave me this cute lantern last year and I love it…but it looks so boring out there.  The butterflies reminded me of my trip to the Wynn Hotel in Vegas and that inspired me to go crazy on it.

IMG_1722

I spray painted the inside of the lantern a pear green and the scroll work on the front.  Then I painted my favorite black and white stripes and checkerboard because that’s what I love…and then painted the butterflies a different color.  I used gold wax (Rub and Buff) to highlight the details on the butterflies.

IMG_1734

Next up, a terra cotta pot!

IMG_1721

Again, I spray painted the inside of the pot in the same pear green paint.  Then I painted black and white stripes and finished with a gold rim.

IMG_1730

Ta Da!

There’s a definite Mackenzie theme working here!

So, the next project was to repaint about 20 glass dessert plates.  I had painted them with gold dots years ago and they need black and white! I scraped off the old paint with a razor blade, cleaned them with alcohol and started painting them as inspired by Mackenzie-Childs.  The will have to be hand washed.

IMG_1724

And here’s another jeweled serving piece to go along with the plates!

IMG_1727

No comments:

Post a Comment