Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Gluing Bee

“I’m dreaming of a glittery Veterans Day,  just like the ones I…” uhm, whoops!   Wait a minute here, waaayyyy too much glitter dust on the brain these days.  You would think Christmas was in just a few short weeks with the 3 inches of glitter and hot glue strands covering the floor of my friend’s dining room.  Today is Veteran’s Day and thank you to all the Veterans who have protected our country no matter what the cost.  However, it is also a Wednesday and that means my friend’s daughter is at school today…a perfect time to get some work done on new decorations without her wanting to “help us”…if you know what I mean!

Nov20090009

Here’s the scene…I am freshening up Jennifer’s Christmas decorations with more color and we are keeping it all in the jewel tones family.  Below is a wreath that I found at Big Lots (made of sisal like a bottle brush tree) and we hot glued small glass balls to them, tied them up with a fuscia ribbon and will hang three of them from the windows in her breakfast area.  She would love to hang them up now.  The Queen says no.Nov20090003 Nov20090005 Nov20090007  

Jennifer wants “wow” factor at her front door.  I thought a big ornament wreath chock full of glitter and glam would do it.  It’s YUMMY and if I could pop it in my mouth, I would!   For this I wrapped a straw wreath with silver glitter ribbon and started with the largest ornaments first. 

Nov20090013 Nov20090011Nov20090017Nov20090015 

Love  the colors!   Jennifer and Janet worked on gluing miniature ornaments (ok-cut up Mardi Gras beads and mini ornaments from Hobby Lobby) on the dyed bottle brush trees.  Stay tuned for those next.

203871121

More cool finds….love this beautiful wreath of peacock feathers and this non-traditional Christmas tree skirt below…9336512_6_2005

No comments:

Post a Comment