Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bead-Dazzlered…in a Good Way!

I bet this is what comes to mind when you hear that word!!  I’m happy to report that I never owned one nor wanted to!  Yikes! I have been working on my young friend’s bedroom (that I will share with you soon) and the lamps were screaming for some kind of bling…so, I bead dazzled them. bedazzler_uses

20110009

I chose a pair of clear lucite stacked ball lamps for her room.  They are classic, modern yet traditional, and work in so many decors. 

I wanted to add more of the accent color for this room (turquoise) onto the lamps.

20110003

Very carefully, I hot glued gross grain ribbon above and below the lampshade rims.  Be careful when doing this…

don’t let the glue seep through the ribbon or get too bumpy.  It all shows easily and looks terrible!  Fold the end over to make a clean edge.

2011000420110005

Using 20g. wire, I threaded on turquoise crystals until I had enough to go around the base of each ball loosely.

20110006

I twisted the wire together to secure and clipped with needle nose pliers,

then spaced the beads out a little bit from each other.

20110007

20110010

Et, voila!  More to come on this yummy room with pink walls,

a velvet quilted headboard and bed clothes, and a purrrfectly upholstered settee.

No comments:

Post a Comment